Missed the last newsletter? Here's the latest:
Making clothing more accessible, painless and FREE
● Hosting events and providing a free outdoor shopping experience
● Making clothing more accessible with kindness and compassion
● Collaborating with community partners to bring our truck to those less fortunate in areas in Niagara Region
● By providing direct access to crisis clothing via our Mini Closets to crisis service agencies.
To donate clothing in new or good condition, we accept donations at our 203 Church St. location in St. Catharines during the following hours:
Tues: 10am - 12pm
Fri: 10am - 12pm
Sun: 12pm - 2pm
Free Shopping Events
How it operates
Pre-scheduled events are hosted by community partners in agreed-upon outdoor space. Special instructions are made before the event. When our truck arrives, our volunteers help unload and set up events. Tents, tables, clothing racks and clothing bins are positioned to offer a socially distanced event.
Bags are provided and volunteers are trained to help clients navigate sizes using confidence-building impact statements.
**Shoppers shop for seasonal clothing, shoes & hygiene supplies for free**
Sharing to make an impact
● Mini Closets allow 24-hour access to organized new/gently used, clean seasonal clothing provided by Niagara’s Mobile Closet. The Mini Closet is located at the service provider's choice.
Our Mini Closet project addresses the need for direct access to clothing for participants experiencing a clothing crisis. Therefore, making clothing more accessible where it is immediately needed by frontline workers.
Presently, we have 17 Mini Closets throughout the Niagara Region at various frontline service providers.
“Clothing available in the ER when a patient has none or were destroyed is amazing!”
— Emergency Room Staff
“It is not uncommon for officers to encounter individuals who do not have the proper clothing due to homelessness, mental health or victimization. Mini Closets provide Officers with the ability to readily provide clean and comfortable clothing giving officers an opportunity to provide another layer of service to those in need. ”
— NRP Officer
You can find us here: